Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Magic Mirror, on the wall

Googled picture


As J walked in to the fitness center, stood in-front of the life size mirror, started grooming his hair and said ‘machi*, I will join you from Monday. My tummy seems to be growing evidently’. I must tell you, J is one of the physically fit and sportive guys around. *Tamil word meaning brother in law. Slang for friend, colleague, etc.

I am sure you would agree when I say all human beings love themselves more than anyone or anything else. I wouldn’t deny or get into an argument, rather agree that there are countless selfless people around.

However, most of us wouldn’t resist or miss any chance of peeping into the mirror and feel happy about how we look. Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard rightly quoted Don’t forget to love yourself.

A few people spend long hours grooming. And few, only a glimpse. Let me not bring up the topic of beautiful ladies’ penchant towards the mirror.

Photo credit: Sushanth Kondi

Be it a mirror hung on the wall or a glass pane on a building or a shiny reflective surface or a steel plate while waiting for food or a tinted window of a car, everything turns out to be our mirror for a glance.

Many Indian Bollywood/ Tollywood/ Sandalwood etc. movies have a scene where the protagonist will try to groom his hair looking at the tinted window pane of a car while the leading lady or a villain brings it down.

Waiting for the 48 second signal to turn green, I noticed a jovial couple on a motorcycle ahead. Fresh in their looks, talking casually, the boy turned towards his right and started to check out himself at the car standing next to them. The girl seated behind, teasingly said, oye hero, mast lag rahe ho (you are looking good). She then held his chin and turned his face forward.

I really appreciated the gentleness of the person in the car. Noticing the happy couple, slightly moved his car behind a couple of feet to align the mirror, I mean the window, in line with the hero (bike rider). Noticing this gentle gesture, he returned the favor with a smile. Gentle!

This is a series of gentle gestures I observe. Read my earlier posts in this series here: Part one, Part two, Part three, Part four. It would be a pleasure if you could read all my posts. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there maks-journy-nevr-ends information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO

    ReplyDelete