Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Hey, Baby!



It's been quite a long time since I wrote my last post and on a comeback note, I wouldn't want to write a movie review, if you were assuming this to be one after reading the title.  

You could blame it to the rusty feel to my writing skills due to prolonged absence from the blogging world or the subject I am about to write here for the lame title. 


Happiness had no bounds for us, the happily married couple, and the families on both sides. With abundant hopes and excited feelings, we were expecting our first child into this world. It was only a few weeks ago that we both saw the wonderful images of the baby in the fetal monitor. Doctor was so happy in showing us the face, the limbs and other parts of the baby and explaining how healthy it was.

Photo credit: Google images
And last week, it was one of those regular visits to the doctor, this time on the beginning of her third and final trimester of her pregnancy. My wife was with the doctor and as usual, I was waiting in the dorm. A chill went down my spine as I was beckoned inside the scanning room, very unusual from the regular visits. I sensed something wrong. 


Much to my distress, the shocked doctor pointed out my attention towards the fetal monitor and went on to explicate the fetal demise of our baby in the womb. My wife grasped my hand tight, tears rolled out. The silence was so deafening at that very moment. It appeared like the world had come to an end, rudely.

I wouldn’t want to elaborate this post further and I think I can’t, even if I wished to. On this Mother’s day, I dedicate this post to my dear wife who has been through the toughest of the times and enduring the hardest of the pains.

Happy mother’s day to all the mothers in the world!



13th May 2015: Update: removed one image on a dear friend's request.

10 comments:

  1. Mak, I teared up as I scrolled down and read about the tragic loss of your baby....my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this most difficult grieving time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH god.. this not fair at all .. GOD sometimes plays evil.. I dont know what to say my friend other than Take care of yourself and your wife, she needs you more now ..

    my best wishes with you both always

    Take care

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be god has planned something better.

      thanks for the wishes, Bik!

      I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but was denied due to an error. Will visit soon again. thanks.

      Delete
    2. I am sure he has some plan .. and dont worry about the comment it will come :)

      you take care of yourself and your wifey

      Delete
  3. Oh my god this is so sad so sorry to hear this . Pray that God gives you both and your families the strength to go through this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioon. I am so sorry to know about your loss MAK. Even I had to go through it. But God gave me 3 kids after that. Don't worry, it was destined and expect better.

    ReplyDelete